Buying a new home is a fantastic opportunity to transform your new living space into a unique personal statement! Whether you envision a stately dining room, peaceful study, or man-cave lined with Yankees posters, the possibilities are limited only by your imagination. To help you develop ideas for your perfect sanctuary, we've found four excellent design blogs that can help to point you in the right direction.
1. In my Own Style: Run by a display designer named Diane, In my Own Style is a quality resource loaded with consistently fresh content. IMOS is a can't-miss blog for all you DIYs (do-it-yourselfers) looking for decorating tips on a budget. From teaching you the ins and outs of painting a wood file cabinet to handy organizational tips, when it comes to home improvement, furniture makeovers, and all-things design, Diane has you covered. Share with us some of your favorite DIY home décor items in the comment section below!
2. The Lettered Cottage: Meet Kevin and Layla Palmer, two self described "enthusiastically passionate" interior designers. Whether you're a Mr. or Mrs.“Fix-it", you'll learn a ton by taking a peek into the lives of this super-handy couple. From repairing broken vases to designing a combination home office/guest bedroom combo, Kevin and Layla describe their adventures in nicely designed, well written updates. Informative before, during and after photos provide pictorial narrative.
3. Apartment Therapy: Is your new abode crying out for help? If so, you definitely need to check out Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan and his crew of home improvement healers. Created by Maxwell and his brother Oliver, Apartment Therapy is loaded with valuable information regarding a variety of topics relating to design and décor. Their staff and contributing writers have a knack for keeping things stylish, edgy, and functional to meet modern day needs.
4. Centsational Girl: Look out for Kate, aka the sensational "Centsational Girl!" In addition to being a great manager of design budgets, Kate is also a guru of time management. As a former lawyer and current blogger and mother of three, Kate will help you manage time efficiently on those long, lengthy projects that seem to always get halfway done but never finished. Her invaluable home improvement tips combine style and thrift to make projects affordably fabulous.
5. Pinterest: Last but not least, Pinterest is the mother of all picture blogs. Although not dedicated solely to home improvement, Pinterest is a female dominated community with a treasure trove of images that will spark your imagination. DIY, arts and crafts, home improvement and decor photos will be sure to get you moving and motivated on your next project.
Hopefully these blogs will add even more inspiration to the ideas already churning through your mind. We each have a unique style and aesthetic within us; its time to let your inner designer shine!