WE MAKE IT EASY TO BUILD YOUR DREAM HOME
Of course you have lots of questions. Whether you are a first time buyer, a growing family, or a senior looking for a home to age in place, we are here to assist you in finding the home of your dreams. A few frequently asked questions...
OK, SO HOW DO I PURCHASE A MALTA DEVELOPMENT HOME? It’s easy actually!
- Is there someone that I can sit down with who will guide me through the process? Absolutely. Beth Smith of Beth Smith Realty will be happy to meet with you or speak to you over the phone and answer all of your questions. You can contact Beth at (518) 928-3057.
- Do I need to apply for a construction loan? No. The type of mortgage that you will need is exactly the same as if you were buying an existing home. We work with many trusted mortgage professionals (See the Financing page of our Buyer’s Guide) and will assist you in this process.
- How much of a deposit does the Builder require? One of the benefits of working with a solvent Builder is the relatively small amount of cash needed for a Purchase Contract. We take a $5000. deposit at the time of Contract, compared with other Builders who can require as much as 30% of the purchase price upfront. The remainder is paid at closing. This can be particularly helpful if your existing home has not yet closed and you are depending on those funds to purchase your new home. The deposit on a custom home will vary based on the plan.
- How do I select a building lot? Everyone has their own idea of the perfect lot and there are many factors to be taken into consideration when choosing one. We make it easy. You will have the opportunity to meet with the Construction Superintendent to discuss your personal preferences. He will walk the lots with you and assist you in selecting the best lot for you and your family.
- How long does it take to build? You can expect to close on your new home on or around 180 days from mortgage approval. The schedule for a custom home will vary accordingly.
- Do I have to run all over town to make my selections? No. All of your selections are done right on-site. This is the fun part!
- What if I have to sell my current home? Not a problem, most people do. We have developed many solid and cooperative relationships with top Real Estate Brokers all over the area who can assist you in making the sale of your existing home an easy transaction.
Do you have more questions? Talk to Beth Smith Realty at (518) 928-3057 to get all the answers you need.